Superannuation - General Questions
What is superannuation?
How much do I get and what's it cost?
Note: for international Students , Sponsorship visa and Australian residents the government takes 38%.
What are the changes to the Departing Australian Superannuation Payment (DASP)?
As of 1st July 2017, the Departing Australian Superannuation Payment (DASP) withholding tax rate has increased From 38% to 65% for Backpackers.
The new rules mark a clear line for backpackers who are leaving the country and are applying for their super refunds.
There is no distinction as to whether you earned this superannuation before or after the 1st July 2017 as the new rate will apply to all DASP claims.
Visa Holders Affected
This ONLY applies to visa holders of the 417 or 462 visa subclasses. For all other visa holders, you will still be taxed at 38%.
When To Apply?
Working holiday makers can only make a claim for their superannuation refund if they have left Australia and their visas are no longer valid (i.e. expired or cancelled).
Individuals can submit their paperwork for their super refund if they’re still in Australia however the refund doesn’t get processed until they’ve permanently left the country.
How Long Till I get My Super Back?
Super refunds can take up to a month to process, but depending on your circumstances and the number of employers you had, this may take longer.
How much does superannuation cost with BuddyHQ?
- – Superannuation Refund Application = $250 per fund we apply to or 11% of the refund
- – Overseas Bank Account Transfer= $55. Australian bank account transfer is free.
- – Certificate of Immigration Status (if required) =$55 (Disbursement to client)
How much will I get back?
When can I get it?
But getting prepared whilst in Australia can save you bucket loads of time later on.You can complete our application and get a certified copy of your Passport Photo page done whilst here will save you lots of troubles after you leave.
If you are near Manly we recommend popping by our shop with your passport so we can certify a copy for you and help you with the application form.
What if I don't know my superannuation account number or who it is with?
remember then simply give us your previous employer’s details and we will ask them for you.
The sad truth about super
Why should you use BuddyHQ?
Our promises to you:
- – We check your documents when they arrive here and let you know if the Super company will require anything more.
- – We complete all forms for you.
- – We will chase up your application so you don’t have to.
- – We will keep you up to date throughout the process so you can rest easy.